Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Surprise test

The man up there is testing me.

After finally overcoming my inertia and getting down to it, re-writing that one document that defines every working person and encapsulating my past 2 years, I was so prepared to throw, dump and hurl the damn thing onto the website and be done with it.

So upon entering, I found out that I had to re-enter every stupid detail I just re-organized in the first document. Fine, look past the little things, I entered my personal details, education and work experience. So just when I thought it was upload time and I"ll be done with it, I had to find out that I had to write another cover letter. Shit.

See, this is what happens when you're not hardworking enough to frequently apply for jobs. You forget this whole conundrum with job application. Although I wasn't jumping for job at this job opening, I was quite eagerly anticipating the change and excitement at new possibilities. Just thinking about the interview process (my favourite!) with the whole stomach of jitters, nervousness before you put on the 'show' of confidence (and me FIERCE) for the interviewers got me quite excited.

Fast forward to 5hrs later, when I'm edging past 1am and I'm still not done, I have turned into a sour, sleepy, irritated piece of blob who is borderline ready to punch something. I rarely get in such a bad mood, it's annoying. I just feel like saying heck to the whole damn thing. Maybe that's why they invented the process in such a way, its a not-too-subtle hint that patience will be required in the job.

Haha, but come to think of it, i spent only 10min typing this page of angst but I couldn't for the longest time formulate the words to go into the cover letter. Maybe angst and pain does give you inspiration to write.

Argh, ok identifying the problem is the first step to solving it. At least I can see that it's a test from the old-man-up-there. I got you :)
I'll come back and fight with you, fate and the damn microsoft word tomorrow. Or maybe the next day. Or the weekends.

But i'll be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home